POLITICAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Law firm specializing in political and election law seeks responsible, organized and detail-oriented self-starter to fill entry position of Political Compliance Specialist in its San Francisco office.
Our Political Compliance Specialists (“PCSs”) prepare periodic campaign, lobbying and nonprofit disclosure reports for our clients under the supervision of our attorneys. PCSs are responsible for the day-to-day management of our clients’ bank accounts, and have regular interaction with government agencies, including the Secretary of State and local ethics commissions, in addition to having direct contact with fundraisers, political consultants, lobbyists, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Interest in and understanding of local politics and government.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet hard deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough research skills.
• 1-2 years experience in campaign finance, bookkeeping, or nonprofit fundraising preferred, but not required.
• Experience managing databases preferred.
• No JDs; this is not a position for a lawyer.
EOE. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; no telephone calls please. Position available immediately.